Become a SpeedDemon: Productivity Tricks to Have More Time is a course on productivity by Jonathan Levi – author of Become a Superlearner (a much longer and better course, BTW).
It is nicely short and to the point, and there are some useful tips there – such as:
– prepare before starting a task, so that you don't have to stop in the middle to look for what you need
– batch similar tasks together
– create artificial deadlines (such as doing a task before your next meeting) so you don't spend time on pointless details.
– use the pomodoro technique (also featured on the very nice and free Learning to Learn course)
– keep a list of short tasks for when you have a few free minutes – so that you don't have to think about it or just kill time (review flash cards, view a lecture on an online course, etc)
– some sleep tips (I had seen most of these, but the one about using smart led bulbs was new to me)
– general outsourcing advice
– try to avoid excessive decisions – can cause ego depletion.
The format is the usual – video with a extra PDF and many links. Udemy is pretty good overall, and you can speed up the videos and there are apps for most platforms. No closed captions on this course, however.
Somewhat interesting, but nowhere near the asking price – US$199. You should be able to find a discount if you look around or on some Udemy sale – at US$15 it is useful enough and I can recommend it.
Featured Software Print your Folders quickly
Print and visualize your folders. Find out where your hard drive space went – and all your hard to find junk files.
Save money by avoiding buying a new hard drive, when all you had to do was delete files you didn't even know you still had!