I have just finished watching How to Create an Awesome Demo Video for Your Business , by Miguel Hernandez.
Miguel Hernandez' company is GrumoMedia. They have an interesting style for their videos – they are at the same time fun to watch, informative, and they sell the product very well. You can see them by yourself on YouTube or the sample below. The course purpose is teaching you how to create your videos – the Grumo Way.
- Script Writing – this covers writing a fun, easy to animate script. Taking your time with the script is important, because changes on the animation or voiceover will take much more time and money than changes in the script.
- Storyboarding – shows the concept and voiceover for all the animation.
- Voiceover – how to get good narration on your video.
- Illustration – drawing for the video, in a way that is easy to animate. Also suggests which tablets and software to use.
- Animation – covers hardware and software, as well as animating in After Effects.
- Sound Design – how to find good stock sounds or make your own, and how to create your own music.
- Editing – using Final Cut Pro.
- Delivering – encoding and sending your videos to YouTube, Vimeo and others.
- Promoting – using Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo and other tools for your video promotion.
I enjoyed watching this course. It covers all the steps of making a video, from the script to promotion.
The style of the videos is very friendly, and covers all subjects in a simple language. I really like that you can download the videos- several video players can play at a faster rate, which can really save time. I watched several of the lessons at 1.6x.
I have made a couple of videos before, but the screencast kind (see my Print Folder video for an example) – just a plain display of an application at work with text explanations. I do believe the kind of video they teach in this course can get better conversion rates, and is much more likely to be shared.
Personally, I think that the course is a little expensive (I only got it because of a promotion at Appsumo), but if you really plan on making videos for your business or AS a business, that price will probably pay itself back very soon.
[big_button color=”blue” url=”http://ude.my/zJy33X” desc=””]See a free video from the course[/big_button]