This weekend I have moved this blog from my main site – STGSYS.COM – to STGSYS.NET.
The main reason is simple – on the other server, WordPress was horribly slow. Several times I was unable to fix errors or add information in posts, because the server would time out.
Even when it worked, it still took a long time to get anything done – and sometimes, to load any page. As an extra minus, looks like several plugins were not made to handle Windows servers, and just failed.
I have to say that Crystaltech support (or whatever their name is now, it keeps changing) was quite helpful on the several times that I contacted them. But just moving the blog was way easier.
Since I had to make changes, I switched the theme from Aspire (which was very buggy for me) to Inspire. Inspire has nice documentation, and is fairly well behaved. I also like how it looks.